Brown ink and Pen Nib (Hunt #99) and Holder
I am really starting to get the hang of drawing a head from just about any angle. The extreme angles still trip me up somewhat, but I definitely felt confident enough to start studying the features of the face. Today’s focus was eyes; tomorrow’s will be too. A few of the important things I retained from my study from Proko’s videos on eyes are:
- The brow protrudes out to act as a sort of awning for the eye itself. The goal being to help protect it from many foreign objects that could damage the eye.
- The tear duct is not centered on vertically on the eye.
- There are additional planes to consider when drawing an eye and the the top lid changes shape based on the direction the eye is looking.
Today’s Warm up and exercises:
- 30 minutes of 30 second gestures
- 30 minutes of 60 second gestures
- exercise: Imagine the head from multiple angels and construct
- 30 second Head gestures (http://artists.pixelovely.com/practice-tools/face-expression-practice/)