Today’s piece is just a starter concept. On Concept.org, there is a weekly character design competition so I figured I’d give it a go. The idea that was given for this week is:
“Every year there is heavy partying to celebrate the coming of the new year. Everyone has their own traditions, but one thing that MOST people have in common is drinking! A world renowned drinking contest is held to see who can hold their own against the mighty drink called “The Beast.” No one knows what is in it, only that it seems different every year and some who have consumed this drink didn’t make it out alive!
You must design the winner of this drinking contest!”
- Can be male or female
- Can be any fantasy race (elf, dwarves, gnomes, etc) or can be human from the normal world today.
- MUST be humanoid.
- MUST include the container of which “The Beast” is consumed from.
- MUST include a trophy which is held by this winner.
- Finals must be posted in the finals thread before the deadline
- Final post must include the CHoW number and the artists username at the bottom of the image
- At least 3/4 of the character must be visible
- Sketches or rushed artwork will not be accepted into the poll
- No photograph paint overs, must be 100% original work
- At least two wips posted with your final in the finals thread
- NO ENVIRONMENT BACKGROUNDS! You may use simple shapes,gradients or silhouettes
- Have fun!
Here I have made a dwarf that has obviously conquered the beast and he is proudly lifting his trophy which is like some angry guy holding a bowl of flames… (not sure I’ll stay with that.
The Beast Brew which he has consumed sits in the large barrel next to him with tings protruding that may give a hint as to just how nasty this drink could be… currently there is a giant spider leg, a fox tail, and a dirty washrag suspended on a rod.
What do you guys think should be in this nasty Beastly brew?